Rosewood Hotel Group Announces Key Appointments to its Team of Hospitality Leaders
Today, Rosewood Hotel Group shares exciting changes to its ever-growing team of world-class executives. Driven by one of the brand’s guiding principles of Relationship Hospitality, Rosewood’s personnel represent some of the industry’s most passionate and dedicated individuals, all of whom share the mission to create enriching experiences for both guests and associates. As Rosewood continues to grow its global footprint, so does this commitment, and the Group is thrilled to welcome new associates while simultaneously recognizing the achievements and contributions of existing leaders.
Within Rosewood Hotel Group, several executives are being recognized through well-deserved promotions:
- After joining the Rosewood team over a year ago, Lucy Werner has been promoted from Senior Vice President of Commercial to Chief Commercial Officer. In her new role she will continue to lead Rosewood Hotel Group’s revenue generation strategies across sales, marketing, distribution, revenue management, digital and customer experience. Lucy will be focused on leading Rosewood Hotel Group’s strategic initiatives in these areas to achieve ambitious growth over the next few years.
- Mehvesh Mumtaz Ahmed also joined Rosewood Hotel Group just over a year ago as Head of Social Impact and will advance to the role of Vice President of Social Impact. This new role for Mehvesh signifies the progression of Rosewood Impacts, which embeds programs to empower people in internal and external communities, and strengthens the brand’s role in sustaining the earth by placing circular hospitality at the center of business efforts.
- Rosewood veteran Agnes Park, who started her journey with the Group in 2017 in Los Angeles, has been promoted to Senior Vice President and General Counsel from her previous position as Vice President of Legal and Deputy General Counsel – Global. In her new role, Agnes will be responsible for overall leadership of the Company’s general legal, data privacy and compliance functions with a global outlook.
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, Rosewood Hotel Group’s distinctive collection of ultra-luxury properties, remains focused on growth and development with the recent appointments of esteemed Managing Director roles for global properties in the pipeline:
- Sascha Hemmann, who has served as Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda since 2019, will be continuing his Rosewood journey as the Managing Director for the upcoming Rosewood Schloss Fuschl, set to open in Austria in 2024. Sascha’s seasoned brand expertise will be tapped to guide the reimagination of the historic, picturesque escape that will provide affluent explorers the chance to explore deeper into the Bavarian countryside.
- Another exciting opening is Rosewood Doha in Qatar, where Juan Samsó has been appointed as Managing Director. With beginnings in the food & beverage industry and having previously led four hotel openings, Juan’s guidance will be crucial in creating a new and differentiated benchmark for ultra-luxury hospitality in the region.
- Rosewood Miyakojima will open its doors in 2024, marking Rosewood’s first presence in Japan. Here, Noriko Nakayama joins as Managing Director, bringing her impressive experience in the hospitality industry and a degree in environmental science to the resort, exquisitely located on Miyako Island in the Okinawan archipelago.
“These recent appointments and the evolution of the Rosewood family gives me a great sense of pride in knowing our team continues to progress in tandem with the growth of the portfolio,” states Radha Arora, President of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts. “The outstanding individuals who work for Rosewood are crucial to the brand’s constant evolution as they all share a natural desire to build long-lasting, genuine relationships and deliver meaningful and heartfelt experiences.”