December 12, 2022
IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, recently unveiled exceptional 2022 results to-date and a robust future for Hotel Indigo. The Luxury & Lifestyle brand’s continued momentum includes plans to expand upon its current global footprint of 135 open hotels to more than 200 during the next three years, backed by a 124-hotel global pipeline.
Hotel Indigo’s projected record growth stems from strong owner interest in culturally diverse areas throughout the Americas. With 69 currently open hotels and 29 planned properties – or nearly a quarter of the brand’s total global pipeline – across the region, Hotel Indigo is on pace to surpass 100 open hotels in the Americas by 2025. Among its 2022 signings are its first Americas resort properties in Grand Cayman and Barbados. Hotel Indigo also emerged as an attractive option for dual-branded hotels, with a joint Atwell Suites property now open in Miami’s Brickell neighborhood.
Introduced in 2004, Hotel Indigo has transformed into a leading global boutique lifestyle brand rooted in storytelling. Just as no two neighborhoods are alike, no two Hotel Indigos are designed alike, with each delivering a beautiful and fresh perspective of its surrounding community by thoughtfully weaving its sights, sounds and flavors into its experience.
Julienne Smith, Chief Development Officer, Americas, IHG Hotels & Resorts, said: “Hotel Indigo’s evolution is truly remarkable, and our team has worked hard to build and expand what is now one of the industry’s most efficient and authentic branded boutique lifestyle hotel concepts. We’re eager to continue our growth momentum and anticipate opening our next 100 properties in nearly half the time it took to open our first 100. We look forward to bringing Hotel Indigo to more inspiring and culturally-rich neighborhoods while introducing the brand’s unique stay environment to more guests and efficient operating model to more owners.”
Five of Hotel Indigo’s nine total 2022 openings to date have come within the Americas, with each boasting identities as distinct as their surrounding streets:
- Hotel Indigo NYC Downtown – Wall Street: Tucked within the towering architecture of the Financial District, Hotel Indigo NYC Downtown – Wall Street sits among the area’s most symbolic and historic icons. The hotel’s design features gold accents, rich leathers and a vintage ticker tape machine as an homage to centuries of transactions along one of America’s most famous streets.
- Hotel Indigo Flushing: Hotel Indigo Flushing inspires visitors and locals alike to enjoy the vibrancy of Queens, New York. Located minutes from Flushing Main Street, the 150-room hotel tells the stories of the community’s rich past and diverse present. The Botanica Bar & Lounge offers a serene dining experience that includes an eclectic menu of handmade dim sum and other bites that reference the neighborhood’s global influences.
- Hotel Indigo Omaha Downtown: Hotel Indigo Omaha Downtown reflects the careful craftsmanship of the past while meeting guests in the now. Located blocks away from the Missouri River, the hotel’s design includes details that emulate the underground vaults and tunnels long rumored to be passageways for 19th century fur and liquor trades. Paying further tribute to the neighborhood’s clandestine past is Anna’s Place, a speakeasy that stirs up Prohibition-inspired cocktails made with local spirits and ingredients.
- Hotel Indigo Silverthorne: As the brand’s first mountainside U.S. hotel, Hotel Indigo Silverthorne takes inspiration from the snow caps of Colorado’s Gore Range and Buffalo Mountain and the swelling, grassy Blue River valley. Hotel Indigo Silverthorne also reflects its community’s residents – workers who came decades before to mine for gold or build the Dillon Reservoir as well as town dwellers who converge annually to celebrate the Noche de Candela Festival or the Burning of the Snowman.
- Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn– Portland Area: Rumored to stand at the famous Witness Tree where Lewis and Clark once docked, and formerly a site for building wooden ships in World War 1, Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn – Portland Area captures the dauntless spirit and entrepreneurial zest of its storied neighborhood.
Additionally, several Hotel Indigo properties have undergone major renovations in 2022 to further match evolving guest needs while celebrating the local community. Hotel Indigo Nashville – The Countrypolitan’s recently upgraded lobby, bar and restaurant embrace Music City’s creative vibes, with a rotating roster of live musicians and craft cocktails. Guests also can score vintage finds from the High Class Hillbilly pop-up storefront.
Hotel Indigo aims to continue its growth momentum in the Americas before year’s end with upcoming brand news and anticipated openings in New York City’s Financial District and the Galapagos Islands. For additional information, or to book, visit www.hotelindigo.com.
About IHG Hotels & Resorts
IHG Hotels & Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 17 hotel brands and IHG One Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has over 6,000 open hotels in over 100 countries, and more than 1,800 in the development pipeline.
- Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: voco hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 325,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.