NEWTON, MA—Sonesta International Hotels Corporation (Sonesta), one of the fastest-growing hospitality companies in the U.S., continues to grow its Red Lion brands. Seven new Americas Best Value Inn hotels, two new Canadas Best Value Inn hotels, one new Signature Inn, two new Red Lion Inn & Suites and one new Knights Inn opened during the first six months of 2022. The new hotels add nearly 700 new guest rooms to Sonesta’s portfolio.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has rekindled interest in exterior corridor hotels and drive-up style rooms for automobile travelers,” said Brian Quinn, Sonesta’s Chief Development Officer. “As a result, we are experiencing high demand for our Red Lion select-service brands, which fill a distinct need in secondary and tertiary markets. We have been seeing growing interest from developers for these brands as they provide compelling opportunities for owners, as well as a unique stay option for consumers. We are excited to expand the footprint of Signature Inn and Red Lion Inn & Suites on the West Coast with these 13 hotel openings.”
Vibrant and authentic, Sonesta’s more than 500 Americas Best Value Inns and Canadas Best Value Inns enable guests to enjoy the best value in town in a simple and friendly setting. New hotels to this brand include:
- Americas Best Value Inn, Ocean Shores, Washington: Ocean Shores is known for its long, sandy beaches which are accessible to automobiles. This 41-room, exterior corridor property was previously operating unbranded.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Salmon, Idaho: Salmon holds a unique place in history being part of the route Lewis and Clark took on their expedition west. The area is still the gateway to the River of No Return Wilderness Area, the largest designated wilderness area in the lower 48 United States. This hotel has 42 rooms and an exterior corridor; it was operating unbranded.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Lockhart, Texas: This property features 50 guest rooms and exterior corridors. Lockhart is known as the Barbeque Capital of Texas and is home to the oldest operating public library in Texas.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Hardeeville, South Carolina: Featuring 61 guest rooms, this new exterior corridor Americas Best Value Inn is located just minutes from some of the best resorts and beaches in the country and from some of the most historic and scenic cities in the world.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Cameron Park, California: Cameron Park is primarily known for its Airpark Estates. Many Cameron Park residents have privately-owned planes which, combined with Cameron Park’s wide-open roads, allow people to commute to work in their airplanes. This interior corridor property has 58 guest rooms.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Sandpoint, Idaho: Sandpoint lies on the shores of Idaho’s largest lake, the 43-mile-long Lake Pend Oreille, and is home to Idaho’s largest ski resort. This 62-room, interior corridor hotel was operating unbranded.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Beaver, Utah: Beaver is best known for its high quality, exceptional tasting rural water. In 2021 Beaver took top honors in the world for best tasting water. This 52-room, interior corridor property was operating unbranded.
- Canadas Best Value Inn, Fort St. John, British Columbia: Guests can enjoy many trails and hikes when visiting the new 40-room, exterior corridor property. During the winter, guests can try to catch a glimpse of the “Aurora Borealis”, also known as the Northern Lights.
- Canadas Best Value Inn, Cold Lake, Alberta: This new 40-room, exterior corridor property in Cold Lake, Alberta is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. Cold Lake is a three-hour drive northeast of Edmonton and near the border of Saskatchewan.
Red Lion Inn & Suites gives on-the-go travelers a memorable place to rest, recharge and embark on great adventures at over 30 locations. Conveniently located just outside city centers, Red Lion Inn & Suites are the ultimate basecamp for adventures at nearby destinations. New hotels to this brand include:
- Red Lion Inn & Suites, La Pine, Oregon: This new property has 25 rooms. La Pine is the largest community by land mass in the state of Oregon (35 square miles) and has the highest elevation of any community within the Central Oregon Region. Located in the valley of the Little Deschutes River, La Pine is the perfect spot for all types of summer and winter activities.
- Red Lion Inn & Suites, Yakima, Washington: This hotel features 53 guest rooms. Yakima is a great destination to discover craft breweries and for outdoor recreation, including water and snow skiing, fishing, boating, hiking, horseback riding and white-water rafting.
Signature Inn brings back the golden age of travel and gives it a retro-modern twist for an experience that is as unique as it is comfortable. The new hotel in this brand is:
- Signature Inn, Oakland/Berkeley, California: This new property features 26 guest rooms. Berkeley is known for its creativity with museums, art galleries and murals lining the streets. The city is filled with natural beauty, from the Bay waterfront to the regional parks and the Oakland Zoo.
Knights Inn offers travelers hundreds of convenient locations, essential amenities and friendly staff to help guests enjoy their stay. The new hotel in this brand is:
- Knights Inn, College Station, Texas: This new 110 room property is located near Texas A&M University and is perfect for travelers looking to visit local art galleries and museums and explore the outdoors.
Sonesta Franchising debuted in the U.S. in September 2021 and currently 12 of Sonesta’s 16 brands are available for franchising in the U.S. & Canada. Sonesta now offers a complete platform of franchise services, hotel operations and franchisee support, featuring industry-leading brands with a wide range of hotel service levels to meet travelers’ needs. Sonesta is rapidly expanding and has innovative franchising models and brands ranging from lower economy to upscale.