Hotel Interactive®, Inc. is proud to announce the winners of HI Connect® People’s Choice Awards were handed out last week during the well-attended HI Connect® held March 25-27, 2015. The awards were voted on in real time by attendees at HI Connect® utilizing an exclusive app.
At HI Connect®, attendees voiced their opinions regarding the stunning vignettes via an exclusive app and voted for the most creative, innovative and stimulating designs and products they saw and experienced during the hotel industry’s most exciting and creative event.
The awards were presented during The HI Connect® Awards and NEWH Sponsorship Gala took place the evening of March 26 at the Gaylord Opryland. The Award Show and Gala recognizes the industry’s best, brightest and most creative solutions presented during HI Connect®. All winners are chosen by event attendees.
The People’s Choice Awards have become an annual staple of HI Connect®, awarding participants in such categories as Best Overall Vignette, Best Guestroom, Best Public Space, Best Casegoods and Vignette Most Likely to Make Guests Want to Move In.
Additionally HI Connect® and the NEWH were proud to debut the NEWH & HI Connect® Hospitality Scholarship. A grant of $5,000 was presented to a worthy student during the black tie optional gala event. The scholarship was presented to Richard Wenbang who is a graduate student at The George Washington University, enrolled in Master of Tourism Administration program under the School of Business
HI Connect® is the only tradeshow that cultivates interaction and relationships in a way hospitality professionals would appreciate, not just because of the vignettes but also the culinary experiences that engage people in meaningful relationship building activities. There’s no endless aisles at HI Connect®, just incredibly detailed vignettes where attendees experience collaboration between owners/developers, hoteliers, designers and suppliers.
Top Awards included:
- Best Overall Vignette, Marriott M Club Lounge Studio, created by Marriott Interior Design Architecture
- Best Guestroom, a Boutique Guestroom by Van Dresser Company
- Best Public Space, a Hotel Lobby created by YWS Design
- Best Bathroom, a Luxury Bathroom created by Seifert Murphy
- Vignette Most Likely To Make Guests Want To Move In: a Luxury Guestroom by VOA Associates
- Most Surprising Room Presentation, Cauhaus Design for the “Decompression Chamber”
- Most Inventive Vignette, Chipman Design Architecture for a Luxury Guestroom
- Most Original Vignette, Destination Designs for their Smart Tech Suite
- Most Creative Use of Technology, Design One Studio
- Most Interesting Use of Lighting, Interior Image Group
- The I Need That In My Hotel’ Designer Award, Cuningham Group
- Best New Product, Interel
- Best Technology Product, Legrand
- Coolest Public Space Product, Elkay
- Coolest Guestroom Product, Dimplex
- Coolest Bathroom Product, American Standard
- Top Sustainably Focused Product, Desso
- Most Interesting Lighting Product, 2nd Avenue Design
- Most Remarkable Casegoods, Vaughan Benz
- Most Inspirational Artwork, DAC Art Consulting
- The ‘I Need That In My Hotel’ Supplier Award, Hafele
- Most Innovative Textiles, Kravet
- Seating My Guests Need Now, Credible Upholstery
- Slickest Wallcoverings, MDC
- Sweetest Surface, Caesarstone
HI Connect® is the only event that allows only qualified attendees to attend, which sets the stage for better deal making. And deals were being made all over the show floor. That’s because many of the key hospitality industry players showed up in unprecedented numbers to experience dozens of fully built vignettes, as well as a rich tapestry of hard cutting industry educational panels. They made deals over smoothies in well-orchestrated vignettes, while others dined in our full-scale beautifully designed restaurant, enjoyed a glass of wine or espresso while listening to top local talent to discuss implementing the ideas presented. People also shared handcrafted cocktails and conversation in the lounge and bar spaces as others explored experimental spaces that if implemented are sure to create loyal customers for developers and owners.
Read more about the incredible HI Connect® 2015 here: http://www.hotelinteractive.com/article.aspx?articleid=35807