The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA), the sole national association representing all segments of the 1.9 million-employee lodging industry, today announced new additions to its 2016 Board of Directors. The Board represents all sectors of the lodging industry, including brands, owners and REITS, management companies, independents, and state associations.
Entering his second term as Chair, Jim Abrahamson, CHA, CEO, Interstate Hotels & Resorts, welcomed the new Board members during the annual meeting in New York. “Our Board reflects the depth and breadth of our entire industry, uniting us all around a common goal to advance our industry’s mission and I look forward to engaging them on the issues so crucial to our future success. Both new and returning members are an outstanding asset and highly valued within our industry,” he said. “I look forward to building on the momentum we have made in the past year and working with the Officers and the AH&LA team to elevate the characteristics unique to the hospitality industry.”
The AH&LA Board meets twice yearly to discuss a broad range of industry and association-related issues. The new Board was appointed by the AH&LA Nominating Committee in accordance with AH&LA’s Bylaws.
“We are reaching new heights in our membership, advocacy, and communication efforts and together, with the leadership of our Board and our Officers we are well positioned to seize the opportunities before us and build on our successes,” said Katherine Lugar, president and CEO of AH&LA.
Additions to the Board of Directors for 2015-2016 term are as follows:
• Tom Bardenett, COO, Extended Stay
• Bob Hermany, Chief of North American Operations, Starwood Hotels & Resorts (also appointed to serve on the 2016-2017 Board of Directors).
• Amanda Hite, President & CEO, STR
• Mike McIlwain, President & CEO, PSAV
Board appointees for the 2016-2017 term are listed below. For a complete list of the Board of Directors click here.
Management Company Representative:
• Len Wolman, Chairman & CEO, Waterford Group, LLC
• Michael Medzigian, Chairman & Managing Partner, Watermark Capital Partners, LLC
• Jay Shah, CEO, Hersha Investment Trust
• Jeremy Welter, EVP, Asset Management, Ashford Hospitality Trust
Partner State Association Representatives:
• Greg Adkins, President & CEO, Tennessee Hospitality Association
• Joel Griffin, Principal, Griffin Stafford Hospitality
• Hervé Houdré, Regional Director of Operations & General Manager, InterContinental New York Barclay
• Paul Sacco, President & CEO, Massachusetts Lodging Association
• George Markantonis, President & COO, Las Vegas Sands Corporation
• Brian Quinn, Chief Franchise Officer, Red Lion Hotels
• Rob Snyder, President, Tishman Hotel Group
Serving the hospitality industry for more than a century, the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) is the sole national association representing all segments of the 1.9 million-employee U.S. lodging industry, including hotel owners, REITs, chains, franchisees, management companies, independent properties, state hotel associations, and industry suppliers. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., AH&LA provides focused advocacy, communications support, and educational resources for an industry of more than 53,000 properties generating $176 billion in annual sales from 5 million guestrooms.