Expedia, Inc., one of the world's largest travel companies, debuts a first-of-its-kind partnership with Cruise Inn, an outdoor hospitality leader in RV Parks and campgrounds. Starting today, travelers seeking an escape to nature will be able to select from U.S. RV Parks and campgrounds that offer cabin accommodations, and book directly at all Expedia, Inc. sites.
Expedia Inc. will first introduce Cruise Inn’s cabin offerings on its websites as part of a broader strategy that will grow to encompass Cruise Inn’s RV and tent sites. Travelers from all over the world will have access to this unique offering through Expedia Inc.’s diverse brand portfolio.
“Cruise Inn, with its network of RV parks and campgrounds, has been recognized as one of the most innovative concepts in the hospitality industry,” noted Scott Anderson, president and CEO of Cruise Inn. “Becoming the first outdoor hospitality brand to partner with Expedia, Inc., which continues to lead the OTA space in terms of scale, technology innovation, and marketing power, was the natural complement to our strategy.”
"At Expedia, Inc., we are constantly trying to innovate and offer unique travel experiences to meet all our travelers’ needs,” said Melissa Maher, senior vice president, Global Partner Group, Expedia, Inc. “We’re thrilled that this partnership with Cruise Inn allows us to expand our offerings into the outdoor hospitality space.” About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) is one of the world’s largest travel companies, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
• Expedia.com®, the world’s largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 31 countries
• Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
• Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in 12 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia
• Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
• eLong™, the second largest online travel company in China
• Venere.com™, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
• trivago®, a leading online hotel metasearch company with sites in 47 countries
• Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in hundreds of destinations worldwide
• Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
• Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, one of North America’s leading retail cruise vacation experts
• CarRentals.com™, the premier car rental booking company on the web.
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world’s leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network. For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2014 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
About Cruise Inn
Backed by 125+ years of overall hospitality expertise, Cruise Inn is the most exciting development to hit the outdoor hospitality industry in years. Its network of RV Parks offers guests reliable, comfortable and welcoming facilities, as well as a quality, consistent experience at a reasonable price. Cruise Inn was also recognized as one of the most innovative and new concepts in the hospitality industry during the American Lodging Investment Summit in January. Visit www.CruiseInnRVParks.com or call 888-222-3505 for reservations and more park information.