Denver’s only pop culture hotel, the Curtis - a Doubletree by Hilton, has kicked things up a notch with the completion of an extensive $7 million property renovation that included upgrades to all 336 guest rooms and a lobby expansion.
Downtown Denver’s coolest hotel has also created “hyper themed” suites on each of its 13 themed guest floors, featuring custom art by Colorado artists, unique flooring and decorations. A sampling:
- The 8th “Sci-Fi” floor – Live long and prosper in the Star Trek Enterprise room, featuring out-of-this-world futuristic flooring, Lucite furniture and cast photos.
- The 13th "Dun Dun Dunnnnn!" floor – Sleep tight with everyone’s favorite paranormal exterminators – the Ghostbusters! This room features lime green "Slimer" floor tiles and a ghostly 3-day art illusion.
- The 15th Floor “Mad About Music” – Parrotheads will flock to the new Jimmy Buffett room, which features ocean blue floor tiles and a giant Margaritaville mural highlighting top hits like "Five O'clock Somewhere."
- The 16th Floor "Pedal to the Medal" – “Shake & bake!” The Talladega Nights Suite features custom movie wall art and over-the-top NASCAR trinkets.
- The Curtis also added two new one-bedroom suites to compliment its existing Rolling Stone Suite - the KISS Suite, named after America’s most flamboyant rock band, and the Spice Girls Suite, dedicated to Britain’s best-selling girl band. Each suite is 800 square feet and features a separate living room and master bedroom and is decked out with rock star furniture and art.
- Rates for the “hyper theme” and 1-bedroom suites start at $600 per night.
Each of the Curtis guest rooms underwent a dramatic transformation - including sleek new furniture, custom artwork, carpeting, drapery and new luxurious Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree bedding. Each guest room now offers a refrigerator and a safe.
The Curtis lobby has also been expanded and renovated to create a larger and brighter welcome to the hotel. The space now features complimentary coffee service for guests daily until 10 a.m. and a business center.
"We really wanted to let the hotel’s funky personality shine through even brighter with this renovation," said Curtis “Leading Lady” JoAnn Elston. "Our new lobby features a lot more seating and is a much more relaxing place for guests to gather.”
This summer, the Curtis is kicking off the weekend each Friday with popular Denver DJ RockStar Aaron spinning his favorite top hits in front of the hotel from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Originally opened in 2007, the Curtis offers more than 28,000 total square feet of event space, all named after favorite childhood games - including the Marco Polo and Peek-a-Boo ballrooms. Last year, the Curtis unveiled the new Four Square Ballroom, a 7,000 square feet indoor/outdoor space that boasts a large retractable nano glass wall and a sizeable outdoor patio complete with a private bar and a fireplace.
Managed by Denver’s Sage Hospitality, the Curtis is a member of Hilton HHonors guest rewards program. The hotel also features a large Fitness Center, the Oceanaire Seafood Room and The Corner Office Restaurant + Martini Bar, a Sage Restaurant Group concept by restaurateur Peter Karpinski.
For more information on the Curtis, please visit www.thecurtis.com or call 800.525.6651.
Funky, cool and playful, the Curtis - a Doubletree by Hilton is a unique boutique hotel located in the heart of downtown Denver. A member of Hilton Hotels Worldwide and part of the award-winning Hilton HHonors® guest reward program, the 336-room hotel is as pop culture as they come, with interactive video art and themed floors. Owned and managed by Sage Hospitality Resources, the Curtis has everything that a veteran traveler would expect of an upscale hotel and more, with the luxurious Sweet Dreams® by Doubletree sleep experience and flat screen TVs in all guest rooms, high-speed Internet access available throughout the hotel, extensive meeting space and in-room board games to keep travelers inspired. Adjacent to the hotel guests will find Sage Restaurant Group's The Corner Office Restaurant + Martini Bar, a unique concept by restaurateur Peter Karpinski, and the Oceanaire Seafood Room. For more information, please call (800) 525-6651 or visit www.thecurtis.com.