Resorts Casino Hotel celebrated a landmark year in 2013 with the completion of more than $70 million in renovations, creating a new atmosphere for the property and bringing destination brands to Atlantic City.
“I firmly believe in the successful future of Resorts and Atlantic City, and the only way to continue to grow is to invest,” said Morris Bailey, owner of Resorts Casino Hotel. “2013 was a pivotal year for us for reinvestment and I am encouraged by the positive widespread reactions to our improvements. The redevelopement of our property combined with our partnership with Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority has repositioned us to be a highly competitive destination. ”
In 2013 Resorts Casino Hotel invested more than $70 million throughout the entire casino to reposition the property for future success within a competitive Atlantic City market. Projects included:
• The all new Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville entertainment complex featuring the Margaritaville Restaurant, LandShark Bar & Grill, 5 O’Clock Somewhere Casino Bar, Margaritaville Coffee Shop, two retail shops and new slot and table gaming areas. Margaritaville began construction in October 2012 and opened in May 2013.
• A completely renovated Boardwalk façade created a more inviting entrance.
• Major hotel room renovations including new mattresses, bedding and televisions. Additionally, more than half the rooms in the Ocean Tower were renovated with new bathrooms.
• All new Epic and Paramount players club lounges for Star Card members.
• A new casino floor reconfiguration which included new carpet throughout the entire casino and new games.
• The Quick Bites food court which features five new eateries, including The Original Soupman, Famous Famiglia Pizza, Haagen Dazs, Dunkin Donuts and the soon-to-be opened Ruby’s Diner.
• A newly remodeled Ballroom for events and trade shows, featuring floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Boardwalk and Atlantic Ocean.
• An all new high-limit slot area, Hollywood Hills.
• Wi-Fi and cell phone service has been upgraded throughout the property and all guest rooms.
• Seven new retail shops, including four that are all new to Atlantic City: Margaritaville Retail Shop, LandShark Retail Shop, Bluwire, Jersey Devil Surf Shop, Lick, A Time for Wine and Michael’s Mens Shop compliment Accents, Marshall Rousso and Essentials.
• Major renovations were made to the guest surface parking lots, including enhanced lighting and landscaping to create a more convenient and pleasant experience at Resorts.
• Improvements to our dining and entertainment establishments Capriccio, Breadsticks and Bar One have elevated guest experiences and guest service.
“Going through a major renovation project like we did over the past 18 months is a difficult endeavor in the short term and has had a negative impact on our earnings during that time period, but we are already realizing improvements in many key areas of our business and guests are thrilled with our commitment to creating a fun, pleasurable and one-of-a-kind experience in Atlantic City,” said Mark Giannantonio, president and CEO of Resorts Casino Hotel. “In addition to our physical improvements, we spent most of 2013 working to spread the good word through traditional advertising and major events such as the free Jimmy Buffett concert which was attended by over 50,000 people. Resorts team members continue to provide stellar customer service and emphasize the guest’s experience to ensure a fun, exciting trip for every guest, every time.”
As a result of substantial investment and customer service improvements throughout the property, there have been many positive indicators since the grand opening of Margaritaville on Memorial Day weekend, 2013. Most notably, Resorts casino revenue has outpaced industry performance every month.
Initial results from the first quarter of 2014 continue to provide encouragement that the investment at Resorts is paying off. Despite harrowing weather conditions during this perod, property results are substantially better than prior year.
Encouraged by the initial outlook, Resorts will look to Margaritaville’s one year anniversary and summer 2014 plans to continue to build on success’ and develop new Atlantic City visitors as well as provide new entertainment opportunities for current visitors.
For more information about Resorts Casino Hotel, visit www.ResortsAC.com.
About Resorts Casino Hotel
The resort that brought gaming to Atlantic City in 1978, Resorts Casino Hotel is at the top of its game today, offering world-class casino action in a relaxed environment that keeps the focus on fun. Resorts Casino Hotel made history as the first American casino outside of Nevada and celebrated its 35th anniversary in May 2013 with a new milestone: the opening of a $35-million Margaritaville casino and entertainment complex that includes, among other attractions, the only beach bar on the Atlantic City sand.
Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority assumed management of Resorts Casino Hotel in Fall 2012 – a move that has set the stage for its return as the most exciting gaming destination in Atlantic City. Boasting a prime location spanning 11 acres at the northern end of the famed Atlantic City Boardwalk, the resort features 942 guest rooms and suites in two hotel towers, an 80,000-square-foot casino, two theaters, six restaurants, two VIP slot and table player lounges, a casino bar, indoor-outdoor swimming pool, health club and spa, salon, and retail shops. Its 39,000 square feet of sophisticated meeting space includes seven meeting rooms and a 13,000-square-foot ballroom. For more information, visit http://www.resortsac.com.