New specialty suite celebrates Beverly Hills' 2014 centennial year and pays homage to one of the hotel's most legendary guests
In participation with the Beverly Hills Conference and Visitors Bureau's hospitality program to celebrate the city's centennial, The Beverly Hills Hotel has introduced the Adam D. Tihany-designed Suite 100 - The Golden Age of Hollywood Inspired by Marilyn Monroe. Suite guests, and true Marilyn Monroe enthusiasts, will also have the option of selecting the Norma Jean Experience for an enhanced transformational stay.
Guests staying in The Golden Age Inspired by Marilyn Monroe suite, priced at $3,795, will appreciate the following Marilyn Monroe-themed services and amenities:
A display case showcasing the following original artifacts from her estate, courtesy of Julien Auctions (www.juliensauctions.com):
- A signed model release form from Marilyn Monroe's second modeling session with photographer Joseph Jasgur
- An Erno Laszlo plastic container that once held Active pHelityl soap owned by Marilyn Monroe
- Original contact sheets from her starring role in Some Like It Hot
- A three-panel sterling silver custom-made Cartier frame gifted to Marilyn Monroe by Nedda and Joshua Logan. The center frame houses a black and white silver gelatin print of the portrait Cecil Beaton took of Monroe in 1956, while the left and right frames house a handwritten letter from Cecil Beaton describing Monroe.
Library featuring classic Marilyn Monroe films and books, including "Norman Mailer Marilyn Monroe Bert Stern and Andre de Dieme," Some like it Hot, and Gentleman Prefer Blondes.
Marilyn Monroe Champagne Bath Bubble Menu (available for an additional cost) featuring a Some Like it Hot bubble bath (Ceara pure Atlantic sea salt from the coast of Brazil and Sweet Orange and Grapefruit Oils), bath pillow, wood back brush, bath mitt, and a bottle of Dom Perignon.
Vintage iPod docking station playing well-known song selections from the 1950's at turn down service, including You Send Me, Tutti Frutti, Hound Dog and Summer Wind.
Marilyn's Menu (available via in-room dining for an additional cost), inspired by an interview that appeared in the 1952 issue of Pageant Magazine in which she revealed the following: ''My dinners at home are startlingly simple. Every night I stop at the market near my hotel and pick up a steak, lamb chops or liver, which I broil in the electric oven in my room. I usually eat four or five raw carrots with my meat and that is all.'' She also admitted that she occasionally treated herself to an ice cream sundae. Items from Marilyn's Menu include: Prawn Cocktail, Heirloom Carrot Salad, DiMaggio's Spaghetti and Meatballs, Grilled New York Steak, and Marilyn's Ice Cream Sundae.
The Norma Jean Experience
Marilyn Monroe enthusiasts who want an enhanced transformational stay may select the Norma Jean Experience for an additional $1,914 and enjoy the following inclusive amenities and services:
- Roundtrip airport transfers in a vintage car
- Welcome amenity including Marilyn Monroe themed gifts and a bottle of Dom Perignon
- Bottle of Chanel No. 5
- Two Diamond Perfection body treatments in the hotel's Spa by La Prairie
- Marilyn's Menu for Two (description above)
- Two specialty "Norma Jean" cocktails in Bar Nineteen12 (vodka, Navan, honey, lemon, and sparkling wine)
- Breakfast for two one morning
- "The Beverly Hills Hotel - The First 100 Years" Commemorative Book
- Marilyn Monroe Taschen Coffee Table Book "Norman Mailer Marilyn Monroe Bert Stern"
The Norma Jean Experience must be reserved 72 hours in advance. Select items from this list will also be available to purchase a la carte for guests who do not purchase the Norma Jean Experience.
Suite 100 - The Golden Age inspired by Marilyn Monroe, and the Norma Jean Experience, may be reserved though December 31, 2014. Rates are based upon double occupancy, exclusive of tax, subject to availability and a 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. For reservations, please visit www.beverlyhillshotel.com.
The Suite 100 promotion showcases a total of five redecorated suites, each one in a select Beverly Hills hotel, reflective of different decades from the past 100 years and showcasing the legendary style of one of the world's most glamorous cities. For more information about the Suite 100 promotion, visit lovebeverlyhills.com/suite100, and see what people are talking about on social media at #bhsuite100.
Dorchester Collection is a portfolio of the world's foremost luxury hotels in Europe and the USA, each of which reflects the distinctive culture of its destination. By applying its unrivalled experience and capability in owning and operating some of the greatest individual hotels, the company's mission is to develop an impeccable group of the finest landmark hotels through acquisition as well as management of wholly-owned and part-owned hotels, and to enter into management agreements.
The current portfolio includes the following hotels (in order of them joining the group): The Dorchester, London; The Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills; Le Meurice, Paris; Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Paris; Hotel Principe di Savoia, Milan; Hotel Bel-Air, Los Angeles; Coworth Park, Ascot, UK; 45 Park Lane, London; Le Richemond, Geneva; and Hotel Eden, Rome.