Expedia, Inc., the world's largest online travel company, and Motel 6 are delighted to announce entry into a new commercial agreement, whereby Expedia, Inc. will generate bookings on behalf of the Motel 6 enterprise. The agreement also includes participation in the Expedia Traveler Preference (ETP) program.
"Motel 6, which recently celebrated its fiftieth anniversary, is one of the most recognizable hotel brands in North America," said Melissa Maher, senior vice president, Global Partner Group, Expedia, Inc. “Expedia, Inc. is delighted for the privilege of driving bookings to the more than 1,100 Motel 6 properties.”
“Expedia, Inc. continues to lead industry innovation, attracting incremental bookings to its partners, which makes this long-term partnership so valuable to our business and our franchisees,” said Lance Miceli, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Motel 6. “Expedia, Inc. has the scale, technology innovation, and marketing resources to complement our strategy.”
The ETP program, which enables travelers to choose if they would like to pay for their hotel booking up front or at the time of stay, is a key component of the agreement. Based on Expedia analysis of booking data from all hotels which were ETP-enabled on or before September 30, 2013 (approximately 30,000), the one- and two- star categories of hotels saw an average increase of 17 percentage points in standalone travel demand growth 28 days after going live, when compared to the period 28 days before going live.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands, including:
- Expedia.com®, the world’s largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 31 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in 13 countries on its 12 sites in North America, Europe and Asia
- Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
- eLong™, the second largest online travel company in China
- Venere.com™, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search company with sites in 39 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of in-market concierge services, activities and experiences in 18 markets worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, one of North America’s leading retail cruise vacation experts
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market travel consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world’s leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network. (NASDAQ: EXPE) For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2014 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
About Motel 6
Motel 6 offers the lowest price of any national chain at more than 1,100 company-owned and franchised locations throughout the United States and Canada. For 27 years, Motel 6 has used the tagline, “We’ll leave the light on for you®,” earning the chain the highest brand recognition in the economy lodging segment. Motel 6 was the first national pet friendly chain, welcoming pets since 1962. Standard amenities include free local phone calls, Wi-Fi Internet access, no long distance access charges, free morning coffee and expanded cable channel line-up. Most locations offer swimming pools and guest laundry facilities. For more information, visit www.motel6.com.