Langham Hospitality Group (LHG) is pleased to announce the launch of CONNECT Conferences (http://connectconferences.langhamhotels.com/), a new program that allows meeting, event and group travel planners the option to select sustainable options when planning any meeting, event or group booking at any LHG property around the world. Each of these options was selected specifically to offset the potential environmental or societal impact of
any meeting or event.
The menu of options available to meeting and group travel planners through CONNECT Conferences are:
• Participation in the "Guest Of The Earth" programme, which promotes reusing linen where possible to reduce water and energy consumption.
• Opting to use fair-trade products as welcome amenities and for use in guestroom mini-bars.
• Selecting locally-grown and seasonal food products on banquet and catering menus to reduce the carbon emissions caused by transportation.
• Requesting organic and vegetarian banquet menus which minimize pollution and the use of natural resources.
• Opting for filtered water to reduce bottled wastage.
• The opportunity to incorporate tailor-made activities into a schedule of activities which give back to the local community in which the hotel is located
• The availability of reusable items such as whiteboards, electronic signage, linen, dining ware and cutlery to minimize unnecessary waste
• The option of place recycling bins in meeting rooms to engage attendees and create awareness for sustainability. Waste management and recycling services are automatically implemented at all hotels – this option just provides extra visibility to create awareness among attendees.
• The opportunity to select energy efficient options, such as setting the air conditioner to a moderate temperature and maximizing the use of natural light in meeting rooms
• An online Carbon Emission and Carbon Saving Calculator, enables planners to find out the real environmental cost of an event. Planners can then select sustainable offerings that offset this.
To complement the environmental commitment shown by the launch of CONNECT Conferences, Langham holds the internationally accredited EarthCheck certification across the majority of its properties, making it one of the
more sustainable international hospitality companies in the world.
As the wholly-owned subsidiary of Great Eagle Holdings, Langham Hospitality Group encompasses a family of distinctive hotels under The Langham, Langham Place, and Eaton brands that are located on four continents. The Group takes its name from the legendary Langham in London which was widely recognized as Europe's first Grand Hotel. For almost 150 years, this flagship hotel has represented sophisticated and gracious hospitality, a philosophy that reflects elegance in design, innovation in hospitality, genuine service and captivation of the senses across all properties. For reservations, please contact a travel professional or access the website at www.langhamhotels.com.