The Amway Hotel Corporation introduces new ketchups, mustards and barbecue sauces to the hugely successful The Hotel Kitchen product line. Overall, meat sauce sales in U.S. retail grew by 12 percent in the past five years.* The culinary team has been using the seven new condiments, original recipes developed by the Amway chefs, at the hotels’ signature restaurants since April 2013. Now, guests can experience regional flavors at home.
“Creative condiments are growing in popularity and we are excited to add these new products to The Hotel Kitchen,” said Josef Huber, corporate executive chef, and one of the creators of the product line. “We have always supported the Grand Rapids farming community, and it is our mission to incorporate local ingredients into culinary offerings whenever possible. The Hotel Kitchen gives guests the opportunity to take a piece of Michigan home with them.”
New condiments from The Hotel Kitchen include three ketchups priced at $4.99-$5.99 a bottle, two mustards priced at $3.49 per container and two barbecue sauces priced at $3.99-$5.99 a bottle:
• Thai Curry Ketchup: Packed with hot red peppers and balanced with exotic fruit flavors.
• Chipotle Ketchup: Chipotle peppers balanced with the sweetness of Michigan apples and maple syrup.
• Sweet Garden Ketchup: Sophisticated version of a childhood favorite, revealing surprising layers of fennel, ginger and fresh basil.
• Sweet & Hot Mustard: A duo of spicy mustard seeds is balanced by the sweet touch of Michigan apple and maple flavors, creating a mustard that holds its own alongside the best bratwurst, sandwiches, Bavarian pretzels and beer.
• Tarragon Mustard: Both sweet and spicy on the palate, it enhances a variety of flavors in comfort foods and elegant dishes alike.
• Chef’s Smoker Barbecue: The perfect addition to grilled poultry or meat with hints of maple syrup, apple and natural spices.
• Sweet Honey Mustard Barbecue: A barbecue sauce that’s perfect for chicken wings, marinating grilled chicken or pork, or even adding a pop of flavor to sandwiches.
The Hotel Kitchen was born in 2011 after countless requests for to-go containers with salad dressing, salsa and chutney. The Amway Hotel Corporation, under the culinary direction of Corporate Executive Chef Josef Huber, bottled popular recipes from the hotels, asked for time and time again by frequent guests.
Recipes for each product are available on the website. Dressings, salsas, chutneys and condiments can be purchased online, in Grand Rapids, MI at local retailers and at the gift shops of The Amway Grand Plaza, JW Marriott and the Downtown Courtyard by Marriott.
About Amway Hotel Corp.
Amway Hotel Corp. owns and operates three hotel properties: the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, JW Marriott Grand Rapids and the Downtown Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Grand Rapids, MI. Amway Hotel Corp. is a division of Amway Corporate Enterprises, a subsidiary of Amway Inc.