Expedia, Inc., one of the world’s largest online travel companies, today announced that Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), the private-label arm of the company, has signed a new partnership agreement with Air France. The collaboration will see EAN working together with the Air France distribution team on an ongoing basis, to build an enhanced hotel offering for Air France’s customers worldwide.
The deal will offer Air France travelers access to approximately 160,000 hotels in destinations worldwide, with a particularly wide selection of accommodation in some of Air France’s most popular destinations. The deal will also add considerable strength to Air France’s accommodation offering for inbound travelers.
The hotel retailing platform is now live on Air France’s domestic website and is due to be rolled out across the airline’s 60 international websites in the near future.
Veit Fuhrmeister, senior director, Expedia Lodging Partner Services, said, “We welcome the opportunity for Expedia Affiliate Network to partner with Air France in this exciting alliance. This partnership opens up a large distribution network and will ultimately increase demand and drive bookings for our travel partners – both for Air France as well as our hotel partners.”
Arthur Hoffman, president, Expedia Affiliate Network, adds, “Air France is one of the great brands of global aviation, with a proud history and a great future. We are excited about working with them to build the best possible retail experience for their customers.”
As part of the continuing technology roll-out, Chris Wallis, director transport for EAN and Tanguy Favennec for Air France will work together to enhance the customer experience with new functionalities due to be released within the coming months.
About Expedia Affiliate Network
Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN) is a division within the Expedia, Inc. group, the world’s leading online travel company. EAN creates the tools and technology that help millions of travellers find the perfect hotels for their next trips. EAN works with over 10,000 partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and happy customers. For more information on EAN visit www.ean.com.
About The Expedia group
The Expedia group is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands, including:
• Expedia.com®, the world’s largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 30 countries
• Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
• Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in 11 countries on its 10 sites in North America, Europe and Asia
• Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
• eLong™, the second largest online travel company in China
• Venere.com™, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
• trivago®, a leading online hotel search company with sites in 33 countries
• Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of in-market concierge services, activities and experiences in 18 markets worldwide
• Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
• Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, one of North America’s leading retail cruise vacation experts
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market travel consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world’s leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network. (NASDAQ: EXPE) For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2013 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50