The Expedia® group, the largest online travel company in the world, announced that Hilton Worldwide has enabled nearly 4,000 hotels on the Expedia® Traveler Preference™ (ETP) program. These hotels now offer travelers choice on how they would like to pay for their reservation, either at the time of the booking or at the time of stay.
“This innovation from Expedia’s ETP program will give us access to a wider pool of potential guests,” said Eduardo Schutte, senior vice president of the Global Sales Services & Distribution Group at Hilton Worldwide. “Expedia Traveler Preference is a simple yet effective offering and we are delighted by the additional demand that we believe it will bring to our hotels.”
In addition to Hilton Worldwide, other global brands that have rolled out ETP properties broadly include Accor and Marriott International, with about 1,500 and 3,000 properties live on the program respectively.
“We are thrilled with the enthusiasm that Hilton Worldwide has shown for ETP,” said Melissa Maher, senior vice president of the Global Partner Group at Expedia. “Hilton has been the largest ETP rollout yet, and we see their commitment as a big endorsement of the value of the program.”
About The Expedia group
The Expedia group is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands, including:
• Expedia.com®, the world’s largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 31 countries
• Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
• Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in 13 countries on its 12 sites in North America, Europe and Asia
• Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
• eLong™, the second largest online travel company in China
• Venere.com™, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
• trivago®, a leading online hotel search company with sites in 33 countries
• Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of in-market concierge services, activities and experiences in 18 markets worldwide
• Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
• Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, one of North America’s leading retail cruise vacation experts
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market travel consumers through Expedia® Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world’s leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network. (NASDAQ: EXPE) For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 94 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 4,000 hotels and timeshare properties, with more than 650,000 rooms in 90 countries and territories and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. Visit www.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.