A new survey from TripIt, the leading mobile travel organizer from Concur (Nasdaq: CNQR), revealed that eating healthy, exercising on the road, and coming home to a to-do list are more stressful for frequent travelers than airport security.
When asked how stressful certain travel-related activities are, 67 percent of frequent travelers said exercising was either somewhat or very stressful; while 66 percent said eating healthy was stressful. The top five activities identified by the majority of respondents as stressful include:
Travel-related activity "Somewhat
1. Exercising 50% 17% 67%
2. Eating healthy 47% 19% 66%
3. Coming home to things waiting for me 45% 19% 64%
4. Airport security 44% 15% 59%
5. Driving in an unfamiliar city 42% 12% 54%
The majority of travelers did not find checking in to the airport, the flight itself, picking up a rental car, or communicating with partners and/or kids to be stressful.
"As someone who is constantly traveling, eating healthy and keeping up my fitness routine are incredibly important," says Trish Friesen, editor in chief at TripStyler.com. "My two biggest travel health tips are to make sure there's always a rainbow of color represented on your plate, and in a pinch, never underestimate the amount of exercise that can be done on the carpet of your hotel room."
To help travelers exercise and eat healthy while on the road, TripIt recommends these tips:
• Carry healthy, portable snacks, like whole almonds or a banana to curb cravings
• When ordering from a menu, substitute an appetizer or small plate for the entree
• Opt to walk or take the stairs, instead of the people mover or escalator
• Aim to increase your steps with an activity tracker or app, and take the scenic route
• Ask the hotel concierge for a map of local running routes or trails
• Take advantage of hotels that loan guests workout gear, yoga mats or shoes
• Use the hotel room to do crunches, push-ups, and chair dips any hour of the day
For questions about survey methodology, please contact email@example.com.
TripIt®, the leading mobile travel organizer from Concur® (Nasdaq: CNQR), makes it easy for millions of travelers to organize and share their travel plans. Simply forward confirmation emails from anywhere you book to firstname.lastname@example.org and TripIt automatically creates one simple, smart itinerary to access on a smartphone, calendar, or anywhere online. For even greater peace of mind while traveling, TripIt Pro acts like a personal travel assistant that keeps travelers in the know regarding flight status, alternate flights, and more; tracks all frequent traveler points in one place; and monitors eligible flights for fare refunds. TripIt for Teams is an easier way to organize multiple travelers' plans in one place, and keep track of who's traveling when and where. For more information, please visit www.tripit.com, the TripIt blog, and follow @TripIt at http://twitter.com/tripit.
Concur is a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Concur's easy-to-use Web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. Concur Connect is the platform that enables the entire travel and expense ecosystem of customers, suppliers, and solution partners to access and extend Concur's T&E cloud. Concur's systems adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large. Learn more at www.concur.com or the Concur blog.