Alice Marshall Public Relations is proud to announce &Beyond as its newest client. &Beyond is a leader in luxury experiential travel and a conservation pioneer offering well-heeled travelers diversity, escape, and natural heritage.
New & Noteworthy
• In the first private game reserve donation of rhinoceros to another country, &Beyond is translocating six white rhinoceros from &Beyond South Africa to Botswana. South Africa lost 668 to illegal poaching last year; Botswana offers excellent security systems to protect the endangered species.
• &Beyond is currently offering honeymoon travelers a 50 percent discount on the bride’s travel across all &Beyond lodges. Highlighted locations include: &Beyond Mnemba Island where guests can swim with dolphins and watch green turtles hatch before they swim off to sea; and &Beyond Kichwa Tembo, located in one of the richest and most diverse wildlife areas in the world.
• The Homestead at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve in KwaZulu-Natal is now offering Yoga Safaris. Other speciality safaris include family, photography, birding, and wildlife tracking.
• &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge in Namibia is situated in Africa’s first International Dark Sky Reserve (IDSR) - one of the darkest yet measured. Absolute silence and dramatic landscapes make it one of the best settings in the world for stargazing. The Lodge’s Resident Astronomer educates guests daily in the high-tech observatory with a Meade LX200R 12-inch telescope.
• &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp in Kruger National Park has been fully rebuilt. Each of the nine new, secluded tented suites features outdoor showers, deep-soaking baths, and private decks overlooking the seasonal Timbavati riverbed.
• &Beyond was founded in 1991 on a guiding ethos: Care of the Land, Care of the Wildlife, Care of the People. Conservation and community empowerment projects in partnership with Africa Foundation, its social development partner, include:
o Raising and committing $9 million for sustainability projects in six African countries
o Development of 80 schools
o Creation of 12 food gardens promoting food security and nutrition
o Supporting five centers for orphaned and vulnerable children
o Founding of four health clinics
o Building libraries and laboratories
o Teaching conservation lessons to 500 teachers and community members and 7,000 children
Following are lodge-specific examples of how this ethos is felt throughout staff and guest experiences:
o &Beyond Exeter River Lodge offers nightly lessons and game drives for local children
o &Beyond Leadwood Lodge hosts an annual high school debate on conservation
o &Beyond Sandibe has joined forces with local government and communities to plant a vegetable garden to provide nearby families with fresh produce and a source of income
o &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve, Africa Foundation and neighboring Mduku village funded, constructed, and staffed a 24-hour health clinic and Digital Eco-Village that serves 10,000 members of the local community each month
o &Beyond Mnemba Island, surrounded by coral reefs, worked with the Zanzibar government to have them protected as the Mnemba Island Marine Conservation Area
o &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge employs a “Green Team” at the lodge that recreates pockets of indigenous forest and other highland vegetation around the lodge
• &Beyond’s family safari circuit includes 11 lodges that specialize in educational adventures such as learning about Maasai culture, fishing and frogging safaris, species identification, and more.
• Sandcastle dining at &Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge is known as “mchanga ngome.” A private “dining room” is constructed of sand for a fine-dining experience complemented by a Zanzibar sunset.
• &Beyond’s authentically skilled and trained chefs curate a “Grand Tastes of India” culinary adventure, leaving food lovers feasting like maharajas.
• &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge has a playful “recycled theme” throughout, à la tractor tire swings.
• &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp environs are home to pied colobus monkeys found nowhere else in the Serengeti.
• &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Kichwa Tembo – much loved by US media and travelers - are part of the &Beyond collection.
For additional information, visit: www.andBeyond.com