For nearly three decades, Sanderling Resort has lured countless generations of families to its charming, quintessential Coastal Carolina getaway in the Outer Banks. This spring the next generation of Sanderling Resort will be unveiled – the evolution of a cherished resort enhanced with modern amenities that will continue to welcome families for decades to come.
Poised to debut May 2013, Sanderling Resort will unveil a new look, amenities and programming that define casual elegance at its best. The multi-million dollar resort rejuvenation includes:
• Two new on-site pools – An adult-oriented pool accented with cantilever umbrellas, group seating areas and chaise lounges; and a family-friendly lagoon style pool, designed to match the region’s topography and temperate climate
• Seven new poolside guestrooms – The contemporary rooms will be positioned to provide ideal views
• Lifesaving Station – An outdoor dining deck will be added to this registered historic landmark that is reimagined as a casual restaurant, along with a complimentary new nautical design scheme
• Beach House Bar— A newly designed lobby with expansive oceanfront views will welcome guests to the Beach House Bar and offer them their first glimpse of the resort’s breathtaking location
• Sand Bar – The completely re-built Sand Bar will feature large outdoor seating space, fire pits and lively music for vibrant outdoor entertainment
• No.5 – Formally known as the Swan Bar, this bar will receive a decor makeover and re-designs that tout the spectacular views
• Sanderling Event House – Upgraded meeting spaces will be reconfigured to take advantage of the resort’s inspiring oceanfront views
• Kimball’s Kitchen – Formerly known as the Left Bank, this AAA Four Diamond restaurant will be renamed after the founder of the USLSS, Sumner I. Kimball, and pay homage to the region’s rich history
• Exterior upgrades – Streets, pathways, lighting and event venues will be revived for a more enchanting outdoor experience
• Updated guestrooms – All pre-existing guestrooms will receive contemporary design enhancements and upgraded in-room amenities
Located on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, Sanderling Resort is an authentic and vibrant property situated on 113 acres with dramatic views of the Currituck Sound and the Atlantic Ocean. Guests enjoy the best of both worlds: an exclusive beachfront location with limitless activities that encourage tranquility and create experiences never to be forgotten. As the only independent resort on the Outer Banks, Sanderling Resort is a unique destination that gets back to the basics and simple pleasures in life, which is a focus reflected in everything from the design of the property to the locally harvested ingredients used in the restaurant and spa treatments.