The Rainmaker Group, the leading provider of pricing, revenue management and profit optimization solutions to the multifamily and gaming/hospitality industries, has achieved significant 2012 business advancements through strategic acquisitions, organic product development, and team expansion. Named on the Inc. 500/5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in America for the second year in a row, The Rainmaker Group this year saw completion of two company acquisitions, the launch of three new products to expand its client offerings, the growth of its sales, software and executive teams across each business unit, and the securing of $33.8 million in private equity from Norwest Venture Partners – all allowing for exponential growth in the future.
“We are consistently focused on delivering the best software products, customer service and overall value to our clients,” said Tammy Farley, president and co-founder of The Rainmaker Group. “And this year was no exception. Through strategic and targeted initiatives, we positioned ourselves to continue developing and offering only cutting-edge, innovative and optimized revenue management software as well as complementary products to further enhance our clients’ revenue generating practices. We are thrilled to be able to grow our company in the ways our clients need and desire and look forward to another highly progressive year in 2013.”
Rainmaker LRO™ Driving Innovation in Multifamily Industry
As the leading revenue management partner to the multifamily industry, serving 9 of the 13 public REIT’s and having attained a significantly increased customer base with a great group of customers, the Rainmaker LRO product suite saw significant upgrades to better serve its multifamily clients. The key acquisitions and initiatives in 2012 included:
• The development and launch of LRO Student™, the industry’s only revenue management platform engineered specifically for this niche market. The offering provides access to more robust market share comparisons and greater flexibility and ability to react to leasing pace and supply and demand constraints.
• The acquisition of an automated budgeting tool resulting in the creation of LRO Budget™, Rainmaker’s software-as-a-service application leveraging a more robust, scientific, analytical approach to budgeting and forecasting. The product significantly reduces time needed for data collection and analysis and delivers greater budgeting accuracy through unit-category-based growth assumptions and overall improved accounting data visibility.
• Substantial team expansion, with more than 10 new additions to the Rainmaker LRO team to drive strategic initiatives and ultimately better serve clients during the sales, software development, customer service, and implementation processes.
“We’re always looking for high caliber, franchise players when bringing on new LRO team members,” said Andrew Rains, executive vice president of Rainmaker LRO. “Our clients deserve to work with individuals who have an intimate working knowledge of the multifamily industry – this is how we have built our reputation of trust. Our teams are top-notch, motivated and focused on serving every client need.”
Further Innovation in Gaming and Hospitality
Rainmaker has long been the leading revenue management partner serving the majority of the largest and leading casino hotels with its GuestREV® profit optimization system. In 2012, the company expanded its hospitality product line to offer products and services geared toward hotels of all types and sizes. Key achievements for Rainmaker’s Gaming and Hospitality business unit included:
• The development and launch of GroupREV®, a first-of-its-kind pricing software providing a scientific modeling and elasticity-based approach to solving many of the longstanding challenges associated with group pricing for hotels. GroupREV is now live and performing well at more than 95% of Omni Hotels & Resorts properties.
• A partnership with RateGain to offer competitive price intelligence data to Rainmaker’s vast customer base.
• The sizable growth of its customer base for all its hospitality products, including the company’s TribalREV® managed services solution designed specifically for Native American casino hotels.
And most recently, Rainmaker announced a strategic acquisition of a business intelligence technology for integration into the LRO product suite and ultimately across Rainmaker’s entire product portfolio which will allow all Rainmaker clients to gain superior insights about their assets and markets.
Summing it all up, Bruce Barfield, CEO and co-founder of The Rainmaker Group stated, “All in all, Rainmaker experienced a record-breaking year. For 2013, we expect our laser focus on helping our customers succeed will continually propel us into new areas of innovation to further enhance productivity and additional incremental revenues for our customers.”
The Rainmaker Group is the market leader in profit optimization solutions for the Multifamily Housing and Gaming & Hospitality industries. Rainmaker software, coupled with professional business consulting services, enables multifamily housing operators to maximize revenue from apartment leases and helps operators of casino hotels and other hospitality enterprises secure the most valuable customers to increase their profitability. Rainmaker is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and leverages cutting-edge research in order to bring customers the most sophisticated solutions to their revenue management challenges. Adopted by industry leaders and niche players alike, Rainmaker solutions provide clients a strategic advantage in achieving the highest profitability from their assets. Multifamily housing clients include leaders such as Archstone, AvalonBay Communities, Equity Residential, Gables Residential, Post Properties, Mid-America Apartment Communities and more. Gaming/Hospitality clients include leading casino/hotel organizations such as Atlantis The Palm Dubai, Caesars Entertainment, MGM Resorts International, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Wynn Las Vegas and many others. Headquartered in northern Atlanta, GA, Rainmaker is an innovator and thought leader in the highly specialized revenue optimization field. For two consecutive years, Inc. magazine ranked Rainmaker among America’s top 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held companies. For more information, visit www.LetItRain.com.