America’s Best Franchising opened 10 new hotels and sold an additional 10 new properties during the third quarter, which continues 19 quarters of uninterrupted growth for the Atlanta-based hotelier.
The company now operates almost 275 hotels with more than 18,000 rooms primarily in the United States, but it also has expanded aggressively in India and China, and it has hotels in Canada, Nigeria, and Belize. Its brands include three upper economy brands -- America’s Best Inn & Suites, Budgetel Inns & Suites, and Country Hearth Inns & Suites -- plus the upscale 3 Palms brand for independent hotels.
“We are not the biggest hotel company, but our properties are among the best in the reputation and in the value they offer to franchisees as well as to travelers,” said Doug Collins, Chairman and CEO of America’s Best Franchising.
“We represent extraordinary dependability, attention to detail, and customer service, which are among the reasons we expect to sell and open 40 new hotels this year.”
The 10 new properties opened during the third quarter were:
America’s Best Inn & Suites
• Tampa, Florida -- 160 rooms
• Yiwu, China -- 80 rooms
• Galveston, Texas -- 49 rooms
• Breckenridge, Texas west of Dallas-Fort Worth -- 35 rooms
• Ranger, Texas west of Dallas-Fort Worth -- 29 rooms
Budgetel Inns & Suites
• Fairfield, Texas east of Waco -- 65 rooms
• Glen Ellyn, Illinois near Chicago -- 50 rooms
3 Palms Hotels & Resorts
• Sarasota, Florida -- 147 rooms
• Helen, Georgia north of Atlanta -- 54 rooms
Country Hearth Inns & Suites
• Decatur, Illinois east of Springfield -- 40 rooms