Delivered reservations to franchise properties through online travel partners at America’s Best Franchising are up 39% this year over the comparable period of 2011. The announcement came as the company starts its annual three-day conference of owners and general managers in Atlanta, which is being held September 5 through 7 and attended by more than 200 people who represent more than 250 properties.
“Our theme of ‘Embracing The Future. Together!’ emphasizes solid support services for our franchisees,” said Doug Collins, Chairman and CEO of America’s Best Franchising. “There is no better measure of support for owners by a franchisor than delivered reservations -- and the increase of 39% underscores our commitment to gaining profits from internet bookings.”
A major focus of the conference agenda, in general sessions and in workshops, is on how reservations can be captured through a combination of the brand website, the property website, a staffed reservation center, and online travel agencies -- notably Genares, which was formerly known as InnPoints and is the third-party reservations provider for America’s Best Franchising.
Conference attendees are hearing from other industry experts including:
• Marlene Colucci, Executive Vice President for Public Policy, American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA)
• John Russell, CEO of Campus Brands; former Chairman and CEO of the hotel division of Cendant Corporation; and former Chairman of AH&LA
• Nitin Shah, CEO of Embassy National Bank and former Chairman of AAHOA
• Mark Woodworth, President of PKF Hospitality Research
• Mark Lomanno, former President of Smith Travel Research, and Cindy Estis Green, co-authors of “Distribution Channel Analysis: A Guide For Hotels”
Also speaking is Chuck Vollmer, entrepreneur and author of the book “Jobenomics,” which outlines a plan to create 20 million new private sector jobs by the year 2020.
Atlanta-based America’s Best Franchising operates properties primarily in the United States, but also in Canada, India, China, Nigeria, and Belize under its upscale 3 Palms brand and its three upper economy brands -- America’s Best Inns & Suites, Budgetel Inns & Suites, and Country Hearth Inns & Suites.
For more information about America’s Best Franchising, see the www.abestfranchising.com website.