Hotel Interactive® is proud to announce its incredible educational line-up for the inaugural HI Connect® Design
. This unprecedented series of world class educational panels will feature the lodging industry’s top procurement pros, innovative owners and leading hotel company development executives.
The massively scaled HI Connect® Design happens next month from March 21 -23 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, TN, and it promises to be the most revolutionary and original event ever to hit the lodging industry space (www.hiconnectdesign.com
HI Connect® Design provides a never-ending sense of discovery, stimulation and engagement where attendees step into myriad vignettes highlighting the vision of the industry’s top designers who have partnered with leading suppliers. Now imagine a tradeshow that has only pre-qualified buyers exploring an environment that has no aisles. Rather, attendees will take a tour of hotel rooms, hang out at the spa or just sit, chat and network with colleagues in the hotel lobby, bar or restaurant. All contained in a single immersive environment. No long walks, no tired feet. The choice is yours and the choices are endless at HI Connect® Design.
But if you’re also looking to mix, mingle and learn from hotel industry superstars, HI Connect® Design’s powerhouse line-up of educational panels will blow you away. The best part is there are no hard choices to make here as all educational panels take place during the morning general sessions before the show floor opens so there’s no need to fret about choosing between exploring our amazing fully constructed vignettes or gaining valuable insight from our cadre of industry leading procurement experts, development executives and owners. At HI Connect® Design you get it all.
Here’s what to expect:
Session 1: Purchasing Trends from the Top
Procurement pros share their thoughts on unifying smart design with key purchasing trends.
Session 2: Design From The Brand Development View
- Richard Bennett, Vice President Design & Supply of Best Western International, Inc.
- Michele Sweeting, Senior Vice President of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- John Noller, Vice President Supply Management of Hilton Supply Management
- Anne Hanch, Vice President of Purchasing of Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Dave Lippert, Vice President, A&C Procurement, Marriott International
- Roland Ornelas, Vice President of Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing at Wyndham Worldwide Corp.
Leading industry brands explore design trends and share how they’re adapting to consumer’s changing expectations.
Session 3: One-on-One Interview
- David Pepper, Senior Vice President of Global Development of Choice Hotels International Inc.
- Bill Fortier, SVP Development Americas, Hilton Worldwide.
- Roger Bloss, President & CEO of Vantage Hospitality
- Gus Stamoutsos, EVP of Franchise Development of Wyndham Hotel Group
Hotel Interactive®'s own Glenn Haussman, Editor in Chief, speaks with Bruce Ford of Lodging Econometrics.
Session 4: Hearing From The Owners You Need to Know
- You will gain valuable insight on critical issues while they dissect the construction and renovation pipeline revealing your best business building opportunities.
Hear how this group perceives design and what they believe are the most critical elements for creating a successful hotel. Co-Moderators Dennis Nessler, Editor & James (Jay) Schultz, SVP Hospitality Group ICD Publications, Inc.
Session 5: The Visibility Coach
- Michael George, President & CEO of Crescent Hotels
- Jerry Cataldo, President of Hostmark Hotels
- Gerry Chase, President of New Castle Hotels
- Jim Petrus, COO, Trump Collection
- Richard Millard, Chairman & CEO of Trust Hospitality
Marketing pro David Avrin is known internationally as the "Visibility Coach."
- David has spent over two decades on the front lines of Marketing, Public Relations and Strategic Branding. His highly-informative, thought-provoking and always entertaining marketing programs have been presented to audiences across North America and around the world. He is the author of three books including the Amazon best-seller: It's Not Who You Know, It's Who Knows You!
“The upcoming HI Connect® Design is a ground-breaking event for our industry and I am looking forward to participating at the event as part of the Owners’ Panel,” says Jerome Cataldo, President of Hostmark Hospitality Group. “Design is an often overlooked element in our industry however it is the element that truly creates the personality of a property. Whether branded or boutique, the wrong design is a detrimental as not having a sales and marketing program. HI Connect® Design will innovatively showcase the impact proper design can have.”
Says Richard Millard, Chairman & CEO of Trust Hospitality: “This is a new and exciting forum, as it is clear based on the proliferation of “design focused” hospitality projects, that the consumers, particularly X & Y generations are drawn to spend their money and time at such locations. This is definitely a show and venue that for the first time allows us to view, experience and discuss this relevant trend.”
According to Jim Petrus, COO Trump Hotels, “Design is a critical component in making that very important emotional connection with our guests. Our team at the Trump Hotel Collection spends an inordinate amount of time in each of our hotels creating a unique design that is contextual in nature and one that we believe will resonate with our guest’s lifestyle.
HI CONNECT is a powerful forum I believe will bring to the forefront the very best in design in our industry and help all of us be more effective in using architecture and design as a point of differentiation with our guests,” added Petrus.
If you want to be a part of, or for more information relating to this unique and dramatic experience at HI Connect® Design, this March 21-23, 2012 visit our dedicated website
to learn more and register for this unique event that is sure to set the new standard in hospitality tradeshows.