All Star Line-Up Announced for HI Connect Design
You won’t believe the powerhouse lineup of industry presidents, innovative owners, leading hotel company design and development teams, as well as top designers and procurement pros set to appear.
Friday, February 22, 2013
We are on Twitter
Hotel Interactive, Inc. is proud to announce an unparalleled educational line-up for HI Connect Design™ 2013. This unprecedented series of world class presenters are assembling for first time at a design focused event. Never before have a group of industry leading Presidents and CEOs, top hotel company brand teams (development, design and procurement pros) from Starwood, Wyndham, Best Western and other industry leaders come together at an event of this magnitude. Additionally, the AAHOA Board and President will be featured as well as a cadre of international superstars that will give attendees entrée into booming markets such as Brazil and The Middle East.
The massively scaled HI Connect Design™ is coming April 10-12 to the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, TN, and it promises to be the most revolutionary and original event of the year (www.hiconnectdesign.com).
HI Connect Design™ provides a never-ending sense of discovery, stimulation and engagement where attendees step into myriad vignettes highlighting the vision of the industry’s top designers who have partnered with leading suppliers. Now imagine a tradeshow that has only approved buyers exploring an environment that has no aisles. Rather, attendees will take a tour of hotel rooms, hang out at the spa or just sit, chat and network with colleagues in the hotel lobby, bar or restaurant. All contained in a single immersive environment. No long walks, no tired feet. The choice is yours and the choices are endless at HI Connect Design.
But if you’re also looking to mix, mingle and learn from hotel industry superstars, HI Connect Design™ powerhouse all-star line-up of educational panels will blow you away.
Here’s a sample of some of the incredible people speaking and participating in HI Connect Design™ set to be facilitated by Hotel Interactive’s own Editor-in-Chief Glenn Haussman.
Breakthrough Brands President’s Panel
- Roger Bloss, President/CEO of Vantage Hospitality
- Paul Whetsell, President, Loews Hotels & Resorts
- Stephanie Sonnabend, President, Sonesta
- Annbeth Eschbach, President/CEO, Exhale Enterprises
The Power of AAHOA
- Mehul Patel, Incoming AAHOA Chairman and Chairman and CEO of Sagestar Hotels
- Fred Schwartz, President, AAHOA
- Bhavish Patel, President of ADM Hotels
- Atul Patel, Owner of Asha Management
- Nimesh Zaver, CEO, Insignia Hotel Management
HI Power Panel: Real Owners, Real Stories
- Larry Broughton, CEO, Broughton Hotels
- Jerry Cataldo, CEO Hostmark
- Mike Marshall, President & CEO of Marshall Hotels
- Michael Tall, President & COO, Charlestowne Hotels
- Rick Tomljenovic, Principal/ COO, Tristar Hotel Group
HI Power Panel: Designing Dreams, Purchasing for Impact
- Roger Hill, CEO/Chairman, Gettys
- Michele, Sweeting, SVP Development Planning and Construction, Four Seasons
- Rich Bennett, VP Supply & Design Services, Best Western
- Ted Hunter, SVP Design & Construction, Wyndham
- Marji, Waldman, President, Stroud Group
We’ve also put together an exciting line-up to give attendees international insight including a session dedicated exclusively that will demystify how to do business in Brazil. Presented by Carlos Ferreirinha, President, MCF Consultoria who has been helping companies excel in the region for decades.
Additional superstars speak on international panels include:
- Leo Eskenazi, Director Design, Hilton Worldwide
- Tarek Hegazy, Principal & Creative Director, Living Design Consulting Group
- João Nagy, Asset Manager, WTC and Sheraton SP World Trade Center
- Virginia Peluff, Owner, Ponta dos Ganchos
- Gustavo Filgueras, Partner &CEO, Hotel Emiliano
- Wagner Archela, Designer
- Silvana Mattar, Architect
- Andrea DellaMonica, Architect, Beach Park in Fortaleza
And you won’t believe the line-up we have put together for some brand specific sessions that will guide attendees through the educational process from the first stages of development through architecture and design and then onto purchasing and opening. We have major sessions from brands such companies as Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Best Western International and Wyndham Hotels Group. More to be announced shortly.
Brand Development & Design: Wyndham Hotels Group
- Ted Hunter, SVP DPC Predevelopment
- George Scammel, VP Global Design
- Kyle Gagne, VP Development
- Beth Gordon, VP FFE and OSE Procurement and Installation
- Rob Landry, VP Product Development
Brand Development & Design: Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Arik Kono, Director of Development
- Eric Ianuzi, Director Design Management
- Amanda Edwards, Design Specialist/Sourcing
Brand Development & Design: Best Western International
- Rich Bennett, VP Supply & Design Services
- Alan Wagener, Director of Purchasing, Best Western
- Mark Williams, VP Development North America
- Amy Hulbert, Managing Director Design
Also learn from Bruce Ford, SVP of Business Development with Lodging Econometrics, about the latest in valuable insight on critical issues regarding the state of the industry while learning about the construction and renovation pipeline to help you uncover you best business building opportunities.
Are you connected yet? If you are interested in participating in this unique and dramatic experience at HI Connect Design™, coming this April 10-12, 2013, please contact us immediately at (631) 424-7755 x150. For more information please visit us at HIConnectDesign.com.