Preferred Hotel Group™, a global provider of sales, marketing, and distribution services to independent luxury hotels, reported today its 2012 year-end results, which include a 19 percent increase in revenue produced for its members hotels, up to a total of $730 million. In the past 12 months, the company also generated a 14 percent increase in reservations via its diverse distribution channels and booked nearly three million room nights, an increase of 17 percent compared to the same time period in 2011.
“Despite the ongoing challenges of the global economy, we successfully fulfilled our goals of increasing revenue opportunities for member hotels and growing our portfolio in strategic destinations,” said Lindsey Ueberroth, President of Preferred Hotel Group. “In 2013, we will continue our growth campaign and establish a footprint in destinations that are desired by our guests and beneficial to our brands. Moreover, we will be focused on rolling out new and innovative consumer marketing initiatives for our member hotels.”
Other year-end highlights include
• Successful Revenue Management Initiatives. To support the revenue goals of its member hotels, Preferred Hotel Group diversified its online distribution channels by launching new partnerships with RoomKey.com and Trivago.com. In addition, the company introduced a new revenue account manager certification program that ensures that member hotels are benefiting from the most sophisticated rate strategies and channel management practices in the industry. While these innovations proved successful worldwide, properties in Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America were the strongest revenue producers, with country-specific growth as high as 31 percent in the United States.
• Strategic Brand Portfolio Growth. Preferred Hotel Group increased its global footprint in 2012 by launching its fifth brand, Summit Serviced Residences, and establishing a presence in previously unrepresented countries such as Georgia, Costa Rica, Iraq, and the Maldives. New hotels to join the company’s portfolio included such marquis properties as The Alpina Gstaad, Wynn Las Vegas and Encore, and The Mark.
• Enhanced Sales Presence. To support its growth in new markets and to strengthen its reach in key regions, the company opened its first sales office in Canada and a group desk in Europe. It also launched VIP desks in Brazil and Russia, enhanced the services of its Chicago VIP desk, and added resources in Beijing to complement the sales efforts of its Shanghai office.
• Increased Loyalty Program Membership. More than 100,000 travelers enrolled in the
company’s I Prefer guest benefit program in 2012. To-date, nearly 1.3 million loyal guests receive rewards and special offers from more than 500 member hotels worldwide.
• New Family Website. In June 2012, Preferred Hotel Group showcased its commitment to family travel with the introduction of www.PreferredFamily.com. This comprehensive planning tool features innovative search functionality, discussions on current news and travel trends, and exciting city itineraries to match travelers with the Preferred Family certified hotel or resort that best suits their family’s specific needs.
For more information on Preferred Hotel Group, please visit www.PreferredHotelGroup.com.
About Preferred Hotel Group™
With a global reach extending into more than 85 countries, Preferred Hotel Group represents more than 650 of the finest hotels, resorts, and serviced residences in the world. Preferred Hotel Group’s brands include Preferred Hotels® & Resorts, Preferred Boutique™, Summit Hotels & Resorts™, Sterling Hotels™, Sterling Design, and Summit Serviced Residences™. Travelers gain valuable benefits through branded programs that include Preferred Residences™; Preferred Golf ™; the I Prefer™ Guest Benefit Program; Preferred Pride, a collection of TAG-approved or IGLTA-member hotels; and Preferred Family, a collection of hotels and resorts certified to provide a rich experience for travelers of all ages. For more information, visit www.PreferredHotelGroup.com and follow the brand on Facebook and Twitter.